Log in

Copyright in Schools

Refer to the links below for copyright advice, support and information:


The official guide to copyright issues for Australian schools explains what copyright is, how education licences work and the use of open education resources such as Creative Commons (CC) licensing. The information is available under the CC BY-SA licence.

Australian Copyright Council (ACC)

Includes links to information about ACC publications and training. You may download and print one copy, for your reference, of each of the information sheets.

A guide to Digital Rights Management (DRM)

Includes ideas, information and resources to assist creators, producers with the management of their content in the digital environment.

Open education resources

Includes information describing teaching and learning materials that are freely available for everyone to use whether a teacher, student or self-learner. Learning and teaching materials which are made available openly under licences which permit their free access, use, adaptation and sharing by others are transformed into OER.

Copyright, intellectual property and endorsements (Dept schools only)

This outlines Department for Education conditions for developing resources, documents and materials.

Intellectual property and copyright use (Dept schools only)

This document defines intellectual property and outlines the responsibilities of Department for Education employees and key processes in managing intellectual property.

Department Copyright agreements for educational material (Dept schools only)

This page defines the copyright licence agreements the Department for Education has in place with a number of copyright collecting societies.

Consent for images and student work (Dept schools only)

This defines the conditions under which student work and/or images may be communicated.

School and preschool website requirements and standards (Dept schools only)

This defines the conditions for meeting Department for Education standards for school websites.

Consent Form – Adult Permission to use image, video, voice, and/or creative work of adults (Dept schools only)

Consent Form – Child/Student Permission to use image, video, voice, and/or creative work of students and children (Dept schools only)

Not a member yet?

Join us now

© 2024 School Library Association of South Australia
Phone: (08) 8332 2845  (Option 4)  
Free phone: 1800 248 379 (Option 4)
PO BOX 3203, Norwood SA 5067

Email all enquiries to:

ABN: 64 533 542 210

Follow our activities

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software